University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a master's program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- have a minimum 2.8 GPA (on a scale in which an A is a 4.0) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
To apply to this program you must have:
- a bachelor’s degree in anthropology, history, geography, foreign language, or a related field
- a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
You must also submit:
- names and email addresses of two academic references for letters of recommendation
- a statement of purpose
Statement of Purpose
Your statement should include what concentration you are interested in pursuing. Options for this program include:
- Historical Archaeology
- Prehistoric Archaeology
- Biological Anthropology
- Cultural Anthropology
- Japanese Studies
Admissions decisions consider your proposed research with the expertise of our faculty.
GRE scores are not required for your application. However, if you wish to submit them, you may.
Scores do not play a significant part in our decision-making process for admission. GRE scores may help your application if you did not have strong undergraduate grades but do have strong GRE scores.
Use institution code 1319 if you want to submit your scores. It will not be held against you if you do not submit GRE scores as part of your application.
Admission Dates and Deadlines
|Fall (August)||February 1 for full consideration|
|Dr. Liv Stone||Schroeder Hall email@example.com||(309) 438-5850|