University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
To apply to this program, you must submit:
- a current resume or curriculum vitae
- a writing sample, preferably a paper from a sociology course or other college course
- names and email addresses of three references for letters of recommendation
- a statement of purpose explaining your career goals and why you are applying to this program
International students must provide an official TOEFL/IELTS score.
Admissions decisions consider the compatibility of your proposed research with the expertise of our faculty.
Admission Dates and Deadlines
|Fall (August)||March 1|
|Spring (January)||October 15|
|Ryan Gray||Schroeder email@example.com||(309) 438-8669|